Friday, February 25, 2011

Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil (Review)

Tropical Traditions sent me a jar of their Virgin Coconut Oil to review.  The thick white consistency of this product surprised me.  This delicious smelling oil was more like shortening than other kitchen oils, which worked to my advantage in my very special occasion bakery frosting.  The recipe is in the next post.

Another plus is since this is virgin coconut oil it is a healthier choice because it did not involve any hydrogenation like partially hydrogenated shortening.  The process of hydrogenation is what is responsible for changing a good fat into a bad trans fat, causing the body problems with cholesterol and possible heart problems.The only thing I recommend is to read the label.  If you refrigerate this product, it becomes firmer and slightly more difficult to work with.  However, the problem is quickly remedied once you leave it out for a while and it returns to its normal state.

When you go to Tropical Traditions website and order for the first time, you will get their free book Virgin Coconut Oil if you use my User ID 7119738 as your referral.


*Disclaimer:  Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation  to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.*

No comments: