Friday, March 4, 2011

Recipe: Try My Favorite Tuna (or Salmon) Patties for a No Work Dinner

favorite-tuna-patties.jpeg
I make this recipe all the time.  It is a family favorite.


These patties are everything I'm nuts about.  They are delicious, nutritious and really easy to make.  Besides, they puff up nicely and are perfect for days when you forgot to take something out of the freezer and need something fast to make for dinner. 

However, I will be honest.  Making salmon patties involves a bit more work.  You need to get in there and remove that skin that comes with all canned salmon.  I also try to get some bones out, but they are supposed to be good to eat for added calcium.   Somehow, the thought of munching and chewing even tiny fish bones never caught on with me.

My Favorite Tuna Patties

2 (5-oz. cans, drained tuna)
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil for frying

Mix everything together and shape into four big patties.  Add your oil to your skillet and cook until they puff up and are lightly browned.