Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Cherry Puree Review and--My Cherry Ripple Cake!



Even though I'm in favor of eating healthier, I never said you need to deny yourself.  One day a week is fine to eat sweets or whatever you're craving as long as you don't do it every day according to my doctor.  Sundays I treat our family and bake something delicious like my cherry ripple cake with a tasty red ribbon of Cherry puree from The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley!

You'll like how easy this sheet cake is to make.   No creaming is involved because you're using canola oil.   Basically, all you're doing is adding everything together and mixing thoroughly!


 Cherry Ripple Cake--Nuts Style!

3 cups sifted flour
2-1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup of Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Cherry Puree (divided in half)


Grease a sheet cake pan about 15" x 10" x 2".  Preheat your oven to 375-degrees.  In a mixing bowl, add everything (except the puree).   Alternate the flour with milk and finish with milk last for the best results when baking a cake. 

Beat with your electric mixer just to blend everything together.  Although there is no creaming, I like to make sure everything is throughly mixed with my electric mixer to avoid lumps.

Pour half of this mixture into your greased pan before dropping 1/4 cup of the Cherry puree in swirls on top of the poured batter.  Get your spoon or knife and create your own design. 

Finish pouring the rest of the batter on top.  Add the remaining 1/4 Cherry puree and do the same thing dropping it on top, swirling with your spoon or knife again.

Bake approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

When cool, frost with your favorite confectioners' sugar frosting!




*This is my own, honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  All I received was free product so that I may express an opinion.*