Saturday, February 25, 2012

Make My Low-Cal & Eggless Choco-Banana Bundt Cake for Your Weekend Splurge!

Today, I made the most delicious chocolate bundt cake ever.  It was deep chocolate and just as good as usual except I adapted my recipe to cut the sugar in half.  Instead, I sweetened it with a natural substitute. 

Normally, this recipe calls for two cups of sugar.  However, I discovered bananas that are first liquefied in your blender and poured to measure the same amount of that sugar will work in place of the sugar.  Do keep in mind that mashing the bananas will not give you the same results. 

Another surprising thing about using this liquid form of banana sugar is that the banana flavor did not seem to invade the chocolate.  

This cake is also fantastic is you have an egg allergy because it is eggless! 

Seriously, if you want to cut down some calories from sugar do try making this recipe or try my banana liquid technique on one of your own recipes for switching out half of the sugar.  I really hope you try this because it works, especially when you have overripe bananas to get rid of.

This cake tastes great plain or you can frost it.  

My Low-Cal, Eggless Choco-Banana Bundt Cake

3 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
2 medium bananas (liquefy in your blender and measure to match 1 cup)
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of white vinegar
2/3 cup of canola oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups of cool coffee (can also use plain water if you're not a coffee drinker)

Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cocoa, baking powder into your mixing bowl.  Add the liquefied and measured bananas, vinegar, canola oil, vanilla, cooled coffee.  Beat with your electric mixer or whisk if you want an extra workout and pour into a greased tube cake pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Low-Cal & Eggless Choco-Banana Bundt Cake.jpeg
My Low-Cal & Eggless Choco-Banana Bundt Cake 

My Low-Cal & Eggless Choco-Banana Bundt Cake.jpeg
Another view of my Low-Cal & Eggless Choco-Banana Bundt Cake