Friday, May 18, 2012

Get Some Beauty Inspiration From My Rimmel London Cosmetics Review and Make Heads Turn!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadows.jpeg
Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadows


Spring is a great time to reinvent yourself.  With some of the exciting new cosmetics that I was sent from Rimmel London to review, this can be your time to blossom!  You'll love these shades that are perfect for now and will work for practically everyone once the weather warms up more and you tan.

Their Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadows are meant to create a sensation with bold, highly pigmented shades like 006 Purple Reign, 001 Black Cab, 004 Green Park, 005 English Rose, and 003 Royal Blue.  They appear darker in the containers than when applied.  On the eyes, they really rock with gorgeous shimmer and no glitter in a velvety powder that adheres to your lids for most of the day without the need for any primer.

As you might have noticed, these Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadows have a Union Jack design.  On the bottom of the container, you have numbered directions on where to put the crease color, lid, highlight, and corner like a makeup artist.  

Turn it up a notch and try mixing colors dry or wet, especially those smaller portions of that flag, and flaunt daring shades.  You can get smokier or bolder, but you definitely will have fun playing with these shadows.  I really love the intensity of color and shades for each of those five compacts I received.  

And to tell the truth, I am at a loss as to which one is my favorite for my dark brown eyes since they all had slightly a different way to make my eyes stand out.  Perhaps, English Rose made my eyes pop most.  Then again, Purple Reign made my eyes appear almost black.  Green Park warmed and lit the brown almost with gold-green light.  Still, the Royal Blue was more a  teal grayish-green than a blue with a near navy crease and black corner color that when blended did wonders for drawing attention to my eyes.  Black Cab was dramatic and super for nights with shades of silver, gray, and haunting black.  In my opinion, these shades are irresistible for what beautiful things they can do and would dress up any eyes, regardless of color.

I got to try out one of the new award-winning Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks that are pigmented with Black Diamond Pigment Complex in #15.  From the photo, you might think this is a murky gray-brown purple.  However, this is only an illusion because once you spread that shade on your mouth it changes delightfully to become sheer, light brownish-maroon, glimmering with a bit of speckles.  This is more of a natural type of color and went well with my light skin while it lasted for a good four hours or so before I needed to reapply.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick and Stay Glossy Long Lasting Lip Gloss trio.jpeg
Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick and trio of Stay Glossy Long Lasting Lip Glosses

Later I tried the Stay Glossy Long Lasting Lip Glosses I was sent in 160 My Rose (a light rose pink), 730 So Fabulous (a sandy beige-peach), and 260 My Eternity (a soft mauve-plum).  These really delivered the shine with color and stayed put for hours.  This trio is just what you would like to wear especially once you're sporting a tan.

I wanted to see what kind of job their Match Perfection Foundation in 130 True Ivory  would do on my face with its' smart-tone technology that uses Blue Sapphire to mimic skin tone.  This formula also has SPF 15 protection.  Unlike some ivory shades, 130 contains more light beige than pink when I compared it to my other foundations.  This made me happy before I even applied because I am more light beige than ivory. 

The color did match my light-warm complexion nicely.  I noticed this formula did not settle into my pores like some others I had tried at times.  Match Perfection Foundation felt light and gave velvety coverage just as well as higher end department store brands I had also worn. 

Next, I patted on some of their new Stay Matte Pressed Powder that contains minerals in 003 Natural.  This was an excellent color choice and it adhered to foundation for a beautiful finish.  This powder did keep the oil away for quite a while all through the morning till lunch when I applied some just to my nose.

I also was send Rimmel's new Match Perfection Blush in 003 Medium.  This was a big hit with me with a way to customize three tones of pink-plum using their smart-tone technology again with Blue Sapphire for more realistic and true radiance. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Match Perfection Blush, Foundation.jpeg
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Match Perfection Blush and Foundation

Look just as good as any department store counterpart with these products and pocket the rest of the money you'll save for some pretty shoes or something.  I know that I will be buying more.  

I do hope you liked my take on Rimmel London's new beauty goodies to glam you up--because I don't know how I survived without some of these products until now! 

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  All I received were free products to facilitate this review.*