Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Influenster Spring, 2012 Beauty VoxBox Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Influenster Spring, 2012 Beauty VoxBox.jpeg
Influenster Spring, 2012 Beauty VoxBox


Recently, I was selected to receive my first Influenster VoxBox to review.  I was lucky enough to be chosen to work with the Spring Beauty VoxBox of exciting products.  These included Sheer Cover Duo Concealer, Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash, ChapStick Lip SHIELD 365, Sally Hansen Salon Effects, Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist, a SOYJOY Bar, and a bonus product of Dr. Scholl’s For Her Ball of Foot Cushions.

What better way to celebrate spring and warmer weather than with a spritz of one of the new Bath & Body Works Fine Signature Fragrance Mists from their new fine fragrance mist collection of twenty exquisite scents like their award-winning Sweet Pea scent I found in my box.  This is a truly gorgeous fruity-floral  that is soft and yet beckons with top notes of luscious sweet pea, watery pear, logan berry, and rhubarb.  Your senses will detect a gentle stirring of more floral as the scent warms with freesia and cyclamen settling among juicy raspberries.  As the scent dries down, it is innocent but seductive at the time with creamy musk in an aloe nourishing formula. 

Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Light/Medium was another item included in my goodie box. This concealer is sold in a one-month supply kit of six products with three bonus extras for $29.95. The two mineral makeup- based shades looked darker and more orange in the container than what I normally use.  However, these two shades did a remarkable job  to banish my dark under eye circles when I applied them on my light skin without caking into those fine lines or creases.  This also was excellent for covering a small spot I had on my face and blended well when I dusted some loose powder over it.  

Sally Hansen Salon Effects is the perfect salon-look finish for your nails that does hold up for days, almost a week for me, without any damage.  If you always chip and hate all the time you spend redoing your fingernails, then this is the way to go without that fuss or mess.  I got to experiment with the #210 Frock Star, which lit up my nails with glittering speckles of pink, green, blue, red, and yellow against silver.  All you do is peel off the top clear protective coat, and then the bottom protective adhesive before attaching to your nails.  These strips  come in forty shades of real nail polish.  They are a bit long so you might want to cut them in half and get double duty of that pack.    

To keep me going through all my rigorous testing, I found a nutritious, all-natural Soyjoy Bar of fruit and soy for energy.  I got mine in Blueberry and enjoyed it more knowing it was only 140 calories and a healthier sweet option than higher calorie alternatives.

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash was also inside my beauty bounty.  This was a great moisturizing way to wash away my day with a refreshing light fragrance in a soap-free formula of colloidal oatmeal.  It lathered up nicely and is hypoallergenic and dye-free as well to make it extra gentle.

ChapStick Lip SHIELD 365 was field tested in the hot sun for an entire Saturday when I went to the flea market searching for treasures.  With antioxidants CoQ10 and Vitamin E, this formula felt wonderful on my lips and had that needed SPF 50 protection from UVA/UVB rays.  

Dr. Scholl’s For Her Ball of Foot Cushions was just what I needed to stop the pain I was having in my new heels.  This cushion prevented my foot from sliding forward and fixed me right up!

I must admit I had a blast testing out each one.  I found both some fantastic new products to better my life or some wonderful old friends that were tweeked up to make them even better.  Seriously though, I recommend checking each of these products out! 

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  I received free products from Influenster to facilitate this review.*