Saturday, June 1, 2013

Recipe: Cool Off With My Refreshing Cherry Cola Salad Supreme!


During the hottest days of summer is when I like to take advantage of serving chilled desserts like the recipe that I have for you today. This delicious dessert salad is bursting with canned cherries, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, and mini-marshmallows to intensify the cherry-cola gelatin base before topping with a fluffy layer of cream cheese and whipped topping for a divine summer dessert.
 
Not only does this taste sensational, my recipe is also easy and requires a minimum of effort. 

I do hope you will want to try it soon because I think it might become a favorite once you savor those flavors and textures.  I just dare you to resist!

My Refreshing Cherry Cola Salad Supreme

one (21-ounce) can of cherry pie filling
1/2 cup of water
one (7-ounce) can of crushed pineapple
one (6-ounce) package of cherry gelatin
one (10-ounce) size of cola beverage
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
one (8-ounce) container of whipped topping
3 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mini-marshmallows

Mix the pie filling and water and heat in a saucepan until bringing it to a boil.

Next, add the gelatin and stir through until completely dissolved.

Remove from the heat and add the marshmallows.

Add the pineapple, cola, and nuts.

Pour into an 8-inch square glass pan.

Chill until firm.

With your electric mixer, beat the whipped topping and cream cheese until smooth.

Spread this cream mixture over the set gelatin mixture.

ENJOY!

No comments: