Saturday, June 1, 2013

Recipe: Cool Off With My Refreshing Cherry Cola Salad Supreme!


During the hottest days of summer is when I like to take advantage of serving chilled desserts like the recipe that I have for you today. This delicious dessert salad is bursting with canned cherries, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, and mini-marshmallows to intensify the cherry-cola gelatin base before topping with a fluffy layer of cream cheese and whipped topping for a divine summer dessert.
 
Not only does this taste sensational, my recipe is also easy and requires a minimum of effort. 

I do hope you will want to try it soon because I think it might become a favorite once you savor those flavors and textures.  I just dare you to resist!

My Refreshing Cherry Cola Salad Supreme

one (21-ounce) can of cherry pie filling
1/2 cup of water
one (7-ounce) can of crushed pineapple
one (6-ounce) package of cherry gelatin
one (10-ounce) size of cola beverage
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
one (8-ounce) container of whipped topping
3 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup of mini-marshmallows

Mix the pie filling and water and heat in a saucepan until bringing it to a boil.

Next, add the gelatin and stir through until completely dissolved.

Remove from the heat and add the marshmallows.

Add the pineapple, cola, and nuts.

Pour into an 8-inch square glass pan.

Chill until firm.

With your electric mixer, beat the whipped topping and cream cheese until smooth.

Spread this cream mixture over the set gelatin mixture.

ENJOY!