Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Beauty Box 5 Monthly Subscription Beauty Sampling Program (October 2013 Box) Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
Beauty Box 5 October 2013.jpeg
Beauty Box 5 October 2013


When I was approached by Beauty Box 5, a monthly beauty subscription program to see if I would be interested in becoming a part of their blogger review team, I couldn't think of anything more fun.   After all, what woman isn't excited by getting a surprise every month of five different cosmetic samples and then digging in to play with them?

A great advantage of Beauty Box 5 is that you get the chance to try a lot of cosmetics that you might not be aware of or can test drive first before purchasing.  Though most are sample sizes, you are guaranteed to receive at least one full size cosmetic in each monthly box, which in all likelihood,  far exceeds the $12 monthly cost of the box.  The Model Co. Illusion Lip Pencil I found inside retails for $20 alone!

Here's the first box that I received:

a mini Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
a full-size Model Co. Illusion Lip Pencil in Nude
Swissco Glitter Toe Separators 
La Fresh Travel Lite-Facial Cleansing Wipes (8 count)
a mini Nubar Alter Ego Nail Lacquer in Kristal

Some of these brands were new to me, but I am glad I now discovered them like the Model Co. Lip Pencil.  It had cocoa and shea butter that made it spread easily besides being a versatile neutral and handy with an attached sharpener.  

Another product that I thought was stunning was the Nubar Nail Lacquer, formaldehyde, phthalate, and a toluene free formula, which are the typical nail staining culprits in lacquers.  The Kristal shade is an opal color of glitter with bits of gold, pink, soft blue, and pale green shimmering throughout.  This shade is going to be how I dress my nail for the holidays.

The La Fresh Cleansing Wipes are new to me as well.  They were excellent for dislodging my makeup, even tough waterproof mascara!

I never used any toe separators before.  However, these Swissco Toe Separators are a good idea to make painting feet easier since toes can be such stubborn little things.  I am definitely curious to try and see if I gain more control.

Lastly, there was the Aveeno Moisturizing Lotion, which I have used before.  In fact, it is one of the brands I buy. 

I definitely liked the Beauty Box 5 goodies in this first box.  I can't wait to see what the next box will bring.  Have I roused your curiosity?

Do check Beauty Box 5's website and do some browsing.  You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.  I think you will love their concept as much as I do.

The holidays are nearly here.  You want to look your best so do consider ordering for yourself or to give as a holiday gift.

*Disclaimer:  Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*

No comments: