Saturday, February 15, 2014

NEW Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Makeup (Buff) Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear makeup.jpeg
Neutrogena's Nourishing Long Wear Makeup in Buff


I was one of the lucky ladies that BzzAgent selected to work on the Neutrogena's Nourishing Long Wear Makeup campaign.  Based on the screen shot, I went with the second lightest shade available, Buff 30. 

This new foundation has antioxidants, soy, vitamins, and light diffusing powders and comes in a range of eight different colors with a broad spectrum SPF sunscreen of 20.  According to the company's claims, this formula is also intended to last 12 hours.

When I opened the package, I was surprised at how dark the color Buff was compared to other lines where I am that same shade.  Also, the color itself has a lot of orange to it, which is more common to the Neutrogena line than some others.  I should have taken that in consideration and gone with the lighter shade, but it totally slipped my mind. 

As to the makeup itself, the Nourishing Long Wear does feel lightweight for how thick the liquid appears when it comes out of the jar against your skin.  Furthermore, it does give you a pretty satin finish with slightly less than medium coverage since it is a bit on the sheer side.  Nonetheless, it was entirely too dark and orange for my light warm complexion.

Unfortunately, I hardly got 12 hours of wear out of this foundation.  The first time I used it was without priming first.  This was regrettable because it began fading in only a few hours.  Next time, I primed and found that this makeup did last a lot longer, but more like seven hours in my case.

The product is fine and relatively inexpensive at $15.99, but does have limitations.  To begin, I would have expected the SPF to be higher instead of a disappointing 20.  Neutrogena colors should also be revamped because they go heavy on the orange.  Besides how thick it is, it does have a stickiness to this formula when you initially apply that does vanish later when it adheres to your skin.  Other than those things, the Nourishing Long Wear Makeup will give you a nice look with sheerer medium coverage, but intend to wear primer if you want to get extended wear.

Have you tried Neutrogena's Nourishing Long Wear Makeup yet?  If so, what is your opinion?


*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  A free product was provided solely to facilitate this review.*