Saturday, September 27, 2014

Recipe: My Easy Taco Seasoning Mix Will Save You Time and Money


If you love tacos, then you will like my convenient recipe to make your own taco mix.   You’ll find the flavor just as zesty and delicious when you make tacos with this blend. However, you’ll time, money, and the need to order your tacos out.

For those watching their salt intake, you may notice that I skipped the salt.  Instead, the seasonings do enough to beautifully bring out the flavor.  Nonetheless, do feel free to add salt if you miss it.  Seriously though, I do not think that you will once you taste this.

I do hope that you will try my recipe one day!

My Easy Taco Seasoning Mix

½ cup instant minced onion
2 tablespoons of chili powder
3 tablespoons of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of dried cumin powder
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of dried basil leaves
2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons of garlic powder

Mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.  
All you do when you prepare your normal recipe is to take 1-1/2 tablespoons of this mix for each pound of ground turkey or ground beef to flavor it just so.