Sunday, November 16, 2014

TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC By Mediasonic (Review)

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" 
links.**
TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC By Mediasonic.jpeg
TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC By Mediasonic 

Technology gifts are always wonderful to receive.  If you happen to be shopping for a tablet this holiday season, I found a terrific and inexpensive model from Mediasonic that you should be aware of--the TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC.  

The TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC I got is sold on Amazon for only $89.99, which is a far cry from plunking down $500 or $800 for one. Those are laptop prices. And if all you want to do is a little surfing, checking your email, or maybe listening to internet radio or viewing some videos,  this is a fabulous value.

I have a technology nut in the family and, of course, he gravitates toward the most expensive toys in the store. But when I first got this tablet and had it lying on my desk, I found guess who playing with it before I had a chance to use it.  In fact, he got so involved that he wouldn’t relinquish it even when I told him I had a review to write.  You bet he loves it.  I didn’t tell him the price. 

From the technical part, the tablet is fast since it has an ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core 1Ghz processor. With four cores in the processor you get the amazing speed. Here are the detailed specs:

· ARM Cortex A7 Quad Core 1Ghz, 1GB (DDR3) RAM, 8GB Memory, PowerVR SGX 544 MP2 (2 Cores, 8 threads), 7" IPS 1280 x 800 Capacitive HD Screen IPS 5-Point-Multitouch, Bluetooth, Wifi b/g/n

· Aluminum Body, Camera: Rear 2.0MP & Front 0.3 MP, 1 x Micro-USB 2.0 connector, Micro HDMI connector (female), Microphone, Stereo Audio Out

· Support MicroSD / MicroSDHC (max 64GB) expansion, G Sensor support automatic 4-direction rotate screen

· Max Video Resolution 2160P with Aspect Ratio 16:10

· Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), 3000mAh lithium polymer battery support 5.5h (WiFi off), Approx 5h (Wifi on), Standby (approx 4 days), charging time 4 hrs. Multilanguage support by Android OS

As I read the specs, I could see why my guy was so riveted to this device. He connected to our WiFi with the 802.11n that’s set up on our router. It supports other standards, but this is the latest one. I even got him to charge it and set all the passwords.  (Leaving gadgets out is a great way for someone to do your work for you). 

The tablet feels like a quality unit with a very light aluminum case. You get not one, but two cameras, which is amazing for the price! Furthermore, you get a  safer lithium polymer battery that gives up to  5.5 hours of power.  You can even hook this tablet up to the HDTV with an HDMI cable, since the unit comes with ports for Micro HDMI as well as a Micro USB.  If you need to add more storage, you have a Micro SD card slot where you can increase that up to 32GB!

The tablet is run with Android, which allows me to use tons of great software, a lot of it totally FREE.  Installing and uninstalling Apps on this tablet is far less trouble than Windows. It is as simple as just going to the Google Play Store.

Of course, you can spend a  lot more for a tablet.  Depending on what you want to do with it, the TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC may be a better choice.  In my case, this particular tablet is small enough to put in my handbag and actually use it without straining my eyes like I do with a smartphone since it has a spacious 7-inch screen. 

I don’t know about you, but lugging around some giant tablet is tough. With its compact size, Mediasonic’s TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC makes my mobile surfing easier all around with functionality, viewing, and its inexpensive price.

Before you plop down more money than you need to, do look into the TrekStor Xiron SurfTabs 7" Tablet PC.  At only $89.99 and for what you get, this Mediasonic tablet would make a terrific holiday gift!


*Disclaimer: Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*