Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Moon Cats Blue Velvet Shawl Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Moon Cats Blue Velvet Shawl.jpeg
Moon Cats Blue Velvet Shawl


The trend is toward incorporating more scarves and shawls into our wardrobes than ever. They are functional besides lending an exciting fashion element to what we wear.  When Moon Cats, the scarf company, reached out and asked if I would be interested in reviewing something from their collection, I was more than happy to oblige.

With all the beautiful possibilities at their website, I had a challenge.  I debated between one of their lightweight scarves that I could tie like their Principessa to drape stylishly around my neck or a shawl.  I thought the long scarf would look spectacular to dress up a pair of jeans or basically anything.

Then, my eyes kept drifting back to their lovely shawls.  Honestly, all styles in that section appealed to me, but my top choice was between the Aztec Blanket since that design is quite the rage now and the Blue Velvet shawl. 

Finally, I selected the Blue Velvet because I love black as well as that glittering royal blue detail woven through this shawl and its finished scalloped edging.  It also looked cozy.  This shawl is 100% acrylic, washable by hand,  and is also a shorter length at 56" over the 78" Aztec Blanket with a wide cape-style sleeve.

I was pleased when I took my shawl from the box and got a good look at this piece.  It really was lovely with nice workmanship for a $49.95 shawl.  The even nicer part was cuddling up in it because it was soft and warm to grab on a chilly winter day.

If you’re hunting for new scarves and shawls, I think you would like what Moon Cats has to offer.  In fact, you can save 20% on all their scarves from now until January 15, 2015 when you enter NUTSFORSTUFF20OFF.   Scarves and shawls do make a great gift as well so check their site out!