Saturday, December 27, 2014

Recipe: Try My No-Bake Chocolate Treats Recipe Over the Holidays for Some Extra Holiday Cheer!

I have some friends that live out of state and were in town for the holidays.  Since I knew I would be seeing them later today, I made a fresh recipe of these quick treats knowing how their entire family loved them, especially the children.  

Unlike a traditional no-bake cookie, this recipe follows the same procedure but has some delicious changes that I made to it like mini-marshmallows, flaked coconut, and peppermint extract that turn these chocolate sensations into a completely different sort of chocolate cookie-candy.

No-Bake Chocolate Treats.jpeg
Here is a photo of my No-Bake Chocolate Treats.  You get about two dozen from this recipe.


My No-Bake Chocolate Treats

1 stick or ½ cup of butter or margarine (do not use one that is labeled a spread)
½ cup of milk
1-1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup of grated coconut flakes
3-1/2 cups of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
1 cup of mini-marshmallows


Melt the butter, sugar, and milk together in your saucepan for about a minute or two until the crystals in the sugar dissolve.

Then add the marshmallows, chocolate, and peanut butter and stir through.

Remove from the heat and pour in the peppermint extract and oatmeal, a little at time, to mix through.

Drop onto waxed paper and let it harden.  This takes about 40-45 minutes or less time, depending on how small or large you make those treats.

ENJOY!