Sunday, January 18, 2015

Beauty Box 5 January 2015 Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Beauty Box 5 January 2015.jpeg
Beauty Box 5 January 2015


To start the new year, this month’s Beauty Box 5 comes with an appropriate theme of hello!  The products in this assortment are meant to keep you looking and feeling ready to meet new challenges.

To those that might be unaware of this particular beauty subscription, let me tell you a little about how this one works.  Every month a new beauty box comes out with a fresh theme and four to five full and sample size products for a cost of $12 a month with free shipping. I know that price already sounds tempting, but you can save even more and have that $12 price drop to just $8.25 a month, if you sign up for an annual subscription.

Take a look at this month’s box and you can decide if you have been missing out on some great beauty!


Beauty Box 5 January 2015



1.  Coastal Scents Eye Shadow ( 0.07 oz. sample)–$.48

2.  Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips Kit (Full Size)–$9.99

3.   Ultraflesh The Gold Standard Mascara in Blackout ( 0.08 oz. sample tube)–$6.22

4.   Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo ( 1.7 fl. sample)–$.60

5.   Softsoap Nutri Serums Vitamin E Body Wash (1.7 oz. sample)–$.45

                                                    Total approximate value: $17.74


The Coastal Scent Eye Shadow sampler was Set 39 (Solar Flare, Vibrant Green, Vibrant Plum and Capri Blue).  For the most part, I didn’t care for the wild colors except for the plum despite what may be trending on some fashion runaways for Spring, 2015.  However, you may feel differently.

The Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips Kit I received was 540 Stripe-Tease.  I do love Sally Hansen nail polish and am looking forward to trying this out.  

I keep mascara for about three months before I replace it to keep my eyes safe.  Therefore, the Ultraflesh Mascara is a wonderful size when you need to toss it so you don’t feel like you are wasting it.  The only thing I didn’t care for was when I researched to learn more about this product.  I became aware that this is a discontinued mascara from 2011.   

The Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo is something my hair benefitted from since it was a strengthening formula.  It lathered up and gave my hair pretty sheen.

The Softsoap Nutri Serums Body Wash was one from the brand that I didn’t try until now.  It had a delectable sweet scent that smelled like an apple and yet had a touch of floral.  Bathing with it was a very pleasant way to clean with its moisturizing lather.

Overall, I thought it was a decent box and thrilling to explore.  Do think of subscribing to Beauty Box 5 yourself because it is a fun way to get beautiful.

What are your thoughts about Beauty Box 5 for January 2015?  Do share.

*Disclaimer: Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*