Monday, April 20, 2015

Review: Beauty Box 5 April 2015

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
Beauty Box 5 April 2015.jpeg
This is Beauty Box 5 April 2015.


The theme behind Beauty Box 5 this month is an assortment of products to help get your beauty of that winter rut so it can bloom with new vitality for Spring.

For those that are unfamiliar with this beauty subscription service, then let me tell you how it works. Beauty Box 5 releases a new box with four to five full and sample size beauty products from hair, skin, and makeup complete with a different theme. The cost of subscribing is $12 a month that includes free shipping, but you have other options like buying an annual subscription for $99 that will lower that cost to an amazing $8.25 a month.

Are you ready to see what the April 2015 box was like?  Let me show you the products and my thoughts on this month’s selection.




Beauty Box 5 April 2015


Lasting Smiles Passionfruit Mango Organic Lip Balm–Full Size (0.15 oz.)–$4.99 

Dancin’ Goat Hula Bliss Body Lotion–Sample Size (2 oz.)–$4.50

Incoco Nail Polish Applique Set– Full Size (one manicure Set) in Beauty Sleep–$8.99

Style Essentials TwinGloss–Full Size (0.3 fl. oz.)–$2.50

First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser–3 Sample Packets (2 ml each)–$0.70


Total Value: $21.68



The Lasting Smiles Lip Balm was great to discover.  Being USDA organic certified, Fair trade certified, and Leaping  Bunny certified  I consider it a much healthier way to heal dry, chapped lips.  The fruity taste was quite good as well.

Dancin’ Goat Body Lotion had a delightful fresh herbal fragrance with lavender, rosemary, and eucalyptus. My skin felt extremely soft after using this light, all natural lotion with goats' milk, coconut oil, sunflower oil, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, antioxidant complex of gingko biloba, green tea, olive leaf extracts, potassium sorbate, vitamin E oil, grapefruit seed extract, and essential oil.

Incoco Nail Polish Applique Set that I received was in a pattern called Beauty Sleep (fuchsia with black lace).  This is a set of strips made from real nail polish.  Though it’s lovely, I prefer painting my nails than trying to neatly stick on strips.  Perhaps, this one will be different.  I did not try it yet.

Style Essentials TwinGloss is usual gloss with one clear side and another that was brown.  I couldn’t find the company online only as part of subscription boxes.  Therefore, I don’t know it is still being manufactured. Anyway, it is made in China.  This just was a very pale, shiny nude that mimics bare lips.   

The First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser is a new brand to me as well.  I did like how gentle and quickly this water rinsing cleanser was to dissolve makeup.  It has no parabens, harsh chemicals or colorants and did leave my face soft afterwards.  Now I am curious about this company’s other products.

If you ask me, April 2015 was a good month for Beauty Box 5.  This beauty subscription service is fun and wonderful inexpensive way to get acquainted with brands.  Check it out!


Disclaimer:  Free products were provided to facilitate this review--not my opinion.*

No comments: