Saturday, May 2, 2015

Recipe: My Heavenly Date Nut Bread Makes for a Special Treat!


My Heavenly Date Nut Bread.jpeg
My Heavenly Date Nut Bread

Quick breads are wonderful to have on hand or pull out of the freezer when you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth.  They are easy to make like this very delicious recipe that I have for you today.

My Date Nut Bread makes a moist spice loaf packed with dates and walnuts that is best just to eat plain.  Of course, you add a cream cheese topping, but it is not needed.  This sweet bread is rich-tasting enough that a topping is only extra calories!

I hope that you give my recipe a try sometime because it is very good.

My Heavenly Date Nut Bread 
Side shot of My Heavenly Date Nut Bread.jpeg
My Heavenly Date Nut Bread also freezes well!


2 cups of chopped, pitted dates
1-1/2 cups of boiling water
1-1/2 teaspoons of baking soda, leveled
1/3 cup of canola oil
1 cups of sugar
2 cups of sifted flour
1/4 cup of molasses (dark or light)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon if ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract


Chop your dates into small pieces first before you add the boiling water to pour over them along with the baking soda.  

Next, beat the oil with your sugar before adding the vanilla and eggs, one at a time and beating through to mix.  

Add a little at time of the sifted flour and spices next and combine until mixed through with the date and oil mixture.  

Stir in the chopped nuts last.

Grease a loaf pan (9-in. X 5-in. X 3-in.) and pour your batter in.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about an hour.  This depends on how your oven is regulated because it may be up to five or ten minutes more or until a toothpick, cake tester, or a slender knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

ENJOY!