Saturday, July 11, 2015

Recipe: One Taste and You’ll Crave My No Work Double Butterscotch Bars Over and Over Again!

Butterscotch Bars sideways in pan.jpeg
My Double Butterscotch Bars will be a keeper!  


Here is a recipe that you don’t want to lose if you love the buttery sweet goodness of butterscotch.  My Double Butterscotch Bars are a decadent delight with so much butterscotch in the batter that only gets deliciously multiplied due to its butterscotch chips. Trust me, but you will fall in fall in love with these moist chewy bars for not only their incredible taste, but also for how easy it is to make my recipe.

Being the lazy cook that I am, this is another fantastic cookie bar that requires just a minimum of effort.  You don’t even need to bother taking out your electric mixer because my recipe uses oil instead of butter, margarine or shortening once again.  All you need to take out is your wooden spoon to incorporate the ingredients.

An easy way to grease your baking pan is to turn your emptied oil measuring cup over in the pan and allow it to drip while you finish adding the rest of the ingredients.  There is always enough of that oil to spread for this purpose.

Happy baking!


My Double Butterscotch Bars


Double Butterscotch Bar.jpeg
Here is a cut piece to tempt you with of my Double Butterscotch Bars.


½ cup of canola or corn oil
2 cups of sifted flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder, leveled
1 teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of milk
1-1/2 cups of light brown sugar, packed
½ cup of butterscotch chips




Preheat your oven to 350-degrees.  

In your mixing bowl, add the oil, sugar, salt, milk, vanilla and eggs to combine first before stirring in the sifted flour, baking powder and adding the chips last.

Pour into a greased 12-3/4" x 9" x 2" baking pan and bake.

Depending on how your oven is regulated, this recipe takes about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick, cake tester, or slender knife inserted comes out clean.

ENJOY!

Butterscotch Bars cut in pieces.jpeg
Let me know what you think once you bake up a batch of my Double Butterscotch Bars!