Sunday, October 11, 2015

Soothe Those Cares Away With My Relaxing DIY Bubble Bath Recipe!


Empty bathtub.jpeg
Soaking in a tub with this moisturizing, stress-relieving bubble bath can do wonders after a hard day.


I never experimented with making a DIY Bubble Bath until recently.  My skin was extra dry and I wanted to see how well this homemade solution would perform compared to what I had been using.  Since I had the ingredients on hand, I decided to give the recipe a shot.

In a matter of minutes, I made enough for about eight baths of this homemade solution. With olive oil, honey, liquid castile soap, and one tablespoon of lavender essential oil, this mix will produce a mild, wonderfully moisturizing lather with a benefit of soothing aromatherapy from lavender essential oil as you soak.

Though you can use any type of olive oil, I recommend the extra-virgin variety since it has stronger antioxidants of its vitamins A and E for restoring the health of your skin as it soothes and moisturizes to keep it supple.  

Honey is a humectant.  This ingredient further helps in this recipe because it draws moisture from the air while warding off bacteria to better help the skin thrive.

The original recipe that I found used liquid soap.  However, I later made another batch and switched that choice out in favor of another.  I decided to use pure liquid castile soap.  Since the castile soap is pure vegetable oil olive oil, I thought it would pamper the skin that much more over the liquid soap with its unneeded extras of dyes and various other chemicals.

I hope that you try my recipe because it does lubricate the skin quite nicely while relaxing you at the same time.



My Soothing DIY Bubble Bath

1 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of honey
½ cup of pure liquid castile soap
1 tablespoon of lavender essential oil

Using your blender is the best way to thoroughly combine the ingredients.  Start with the oil and then slowly add the honey, soap and essential oil to blend for about a minute.

Pour into a bottle or jar that has a lid.

Shake well before using.  You don’t need to store this in your refrigerator.

For each use, measure out about 1/4 cup and add to your tub as you run the water for your bath.