Monday, January 4, 2016

Review: Laura Geller Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correcting Foundation (Medium)

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Laura Geller Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correcting Foundation.jpeg
Laura Geller Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correcting Foundation in Medium


A good foundation is a great starting point to cover flaws and smooth out the tone of your complexion.  One that I recently tried was Laura Geller’s Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correction Foundation ($33) in Medium.

This baked powder foundation comes in five shades.  Besides the Regular/Medium shade I was sent, there are also Porcelain, Fair, Tan, and Deep.  For some reason, they skipped Light.

This foundation formula is free of mineral oil and parabens.  It also offers antioxidant and anti-aging benefits with ingredients such as tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), jojoba, camellia sinensis leaf extract (from white tea to help rejuvenate the skin) among its ingredients.  At the same time, it does contain talc.  

The compact features a clear lid housing the dome-shaped baked powder foundation beneath.  The shades of the colors are not what you may expect.  I have a fair complexion with yellow undertones.  Fair is my typical foundation shade, but depending on the brand I can also be Light.  I am far from what you may think of for Medium.  However, this color with some pink to it was just a wee bit dark for my complexion, but still wearable.   

Using a kabuki brush, I saved a lot of time in applying this foundation compared to using a liquid, cream or stick form.  I thought the coverage was more light than medium, depending on how much you needed. The powder itself is silky and adhered like a second skin to my primed face, providing a wonderful velvety texture to my complexion.  If you have bad skin and want full coverage, then you would probably use this more as a setting powder than your foundation.

I didn’t notice a glow at first that this foundation is advertised to have.  A while later after this foundation had a chance to sit on my skin, I did see a soft glow the next time I checked my mirror.  

Another exciting thing that I loved about powder foundation was it did not settle in my laugh lines and held up through my day.  The Laura Geller Baked Balance-N-Brighten Color Correction Foundation worked beautifully for me, but I am now wondering what the Fair color would be like on my skin.  Do check this baked powder foundation out!  You can find this product at Laura Geller’s website, ULTA beauty or QVC. com.