Saturday, January 14, 2017

Recipe: My Cheesy Sour Cream Potatoes Make a Great Side or Light Main Dish!

Cheesy Sour Cream Potatoes.jpeg
This dish gives potatoes a delightful twist  with its special custard and cheese influence.


With all the ways that you can serve potatoes, they are on the menu more often than not at my house. Today’s recipe is a far cry from your standard scalloped potatoes.  My Cheesy Sour Cream Potatoes use fried onions, sour cream, eggs, butter, and cheddar cheese for a custard-like base that brings something extra and filling to that equation.

Another wonderful thing about my recipe is that it is wonderful for sneaking in vegetables like peas, green beans, olives along with any leftover meat such as ham or beef.

I hope that the next time you are in the mood for a different potato dish that you will print out my recipe and give it a try because I am confident that you’ll love it.


My Cheesy Sour Cream Potatoes

1 cup chopped onion (1 medium onion)
1 cup of sour cream
3 tablespoons of melted butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups of cooked, sliced potatoes
1 cup of sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded


To cut down on cooking time, I found cooking the sliced potatoes until just partially cooked helped reduce baking time.

Next, saute the onion in butter and then combine sour cream, eggs, salt, and pepper in your frying pan.

Place the potatoes in a buttered skillet or one-quart casserole.  Pour the sour cream mixture over top before adding the shredded cheese.   Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated.  Test to see how soft the potatoes get when stabbed to know for sure when done.

ENJOY!