Saturday, March 18, 2017

How to Boost the Look of Fine Hair!

cut ponytail and sheers.jpeg
Changing your style can make a big difference.



Today, my hair is incredibly thick.  Yet, not so many years ago, I had shoulder-length, fine hair.  Strangely enough, I got a short, layered haircut, which forever changed the texture of my hair. At the time, I hated the style and couldn’t wait for it to grow out, but now know it was one of the best hair decisions that I ever made.

Of course, you don’t have to chop of your hair and do what I did.  There are fewer drastic measures that also help to boost the look of fine hair.  

To ease into the idea of cutting your hair, you should try putting some gentle layering into your hair. Fine hair that is one-length can be flat and limp, but getting your stylist to add some face-framing layers is easier to work with a curling iron, hot rollers or even a ceramic round brush and styling products when blow drying to create the impression of more hair.

Something else that I learned that really helps is coloring your hair since it coats the hair shaft to marvelously build up the strands.  Your hair will benefit when you go to touch it.

On the subject of what hair coloring can do, I also discovered that asking for some lighter toned  highlights in the same color family as the one you decide to go with does work to fool the eyes that the hair is more lush than it really is.  

Take care and know that I was in your same shoes once–-until that memorable haircut!