Friday, May 26, 2017

C.O. Bigelow Deluxe Gentle Cleanser No. 904 and Rose Salve Tin No. 012 Review

*Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**


Deluxe Gentle Cleanser No. 904.jpeg
This cleanser is extra gentle and doesn't strip dry skin's precious oils.

C.O. Bigelow was established in 1838 and happens to be the oldest apothecary in America!  I’ve heard of them, but I never got around to trying any of their products until a few arrived for this review with their Deluxe Gentle Cleanser No. 904 and Rose Salve Tin No. 012.

The Deluxe Gentle Cleanser No. 904 ($25) is a creamy, non-scented lotion intended for normal/dry skin that is enriched with moisturizing ingredients such as sweet almond oil, aloe and calendula extract for better keeping the complexion soft and soothed as it removes grime and makeup. 

Just as you would with any creamy cleanser, I applied some of this lotion to my dry face and lightly massaged the product in, which is the best method to activate it.  Some people prefer to immediately wash it off after cleaning, but I like to wipe off with a washcloth first before rinsing.

I liked how it melted the makeup and didn’t strip the skin’s oils in the process for a gentle, but moisturized clean.  If have problems with some cleansers leaving your skin feeling taunt afterward, this one was great with my dry complexion. 


Rose Salve Tin No. 012.jpeg
This little tin really heals!

Rose Salve Tin No. 012 ($5.50) is one of the indispensable skin healing products that should be in every home for what this pink tin can do for dry, hurting chapped lips and skin irritation with its beneficial rose extract.   This stuff even helped with a paper cut I got!  
  
As you might guess, I am so glad that I sampled these marvelous C.O. Bigelow products  because it only made me want to try more to see what else I have been missing.  

Have you tried anything from C.O. Bigelow yet?  If not, you definitely should start that exploration with my particular favorite their Rose Salve Tin No. 012 or Deluxe Gentle Cleanser No. 904!