Monday, January 31, 2011

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Skin MD Natural logo.jpeg
Skin MD

Recently, I was given the opportunity to review Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion for Face, Hands, & Body.  This product was scientifically developed by dermatologists for healing tough to handle skin conditions.  Skin MD is advertised to work differently because it is a shielding lotion that assists the skin to absorb moisture while protecting the top layer of skin from irritants.

I wanted to put this product to a true test.   Knowing the perfect candidate, I recruited my brother because of a circulation problem on the lower part of his leg that leaves the skin rough, constantly dry, and prone to opening to a sore if not properly moisturized.

My brother tried Skin MD for a week and I photographed his progress during the trial.  The skin became more hydrated and the roughness seemed smoother from this humectant type of lotion, which draws moisture from the air.  Being a man, he also appreciated the lotion was scent free and non-greasy.

This test on my brother was only for a week using Skin MD and already there is some improvement in the way is leg looks.  I highly recommend this product for continued use for anyone with a severe skin condition or those seeking a beneficial moisturizer to shield them from dryness.

My brother's sore leg.jpeg
This area needs a lot of lubrication.

a different sore leg view.jpeg
This is how dark and rough the skin is in that area of his foot.


I also received two sample packets from the company.  Skin MD makes two versions of this lotion--one in the regular formulas such as I described and another with sunscreen SPF-15.


This is my honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  I only received a free product for this review.  

Skin MD has a really nice blog with tips and even recipes for skin care that you can make yourself!