Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Roasted Red Pepper Review and My Bean Sandwich Spread/Dip Recipe!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

If you follow my recipes, then you know that I'm a big fan of legumes!  They're one of the cheapest proteins you can eat besides a healthier alternative to meats every day.  

The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Roasted Red Pepper.jpeg
The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley Roasted Red Pepper 
Incorporating beans into your meals will help you lose weight without effort.  I am serious!  Eating beans will satisfy you more and stop binging later because you're hungry.  Besides, your  stomach feels lighter than with heavier meat meals.  

Another plus for learning to cook with beans is if you suffer from constipation.  Beans have lots of helpful fiber to solve any  problem.  Think of the extra money that you'll save drinking that fiber drink!

Furthermore, cooking a bag of beans can save you time in meal preparation.  When I cook up a bag, I usually mash most of the beans in my food processor and store them in the refrigerator to use in other recipes later and save just some whole beans to use in other dishes.

I want to share this fantastic tasting bean spread that I made that can replace luncheon meat on a sandwich or as a dip on crackers or rice cakes.  Trust me, you won't know there are beans in this recipe--just loads of incredible, zesty flavor!

One other thing is about fresh garlic and what it can do for you.  Did you know in its raw state that garlic is a natural antibiotic unlike cooked?  So if you're feeling less than perfect, I always add even more garlic, which only gives it a nippier burn to the taste.  

The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley sent me some products for review.  My first experiment was with this bean spread using their Roasted Red Pepper Puree.  Let me tell you how much more economical to cook with any of their wonderful purees are!  I only needed two tablespoons for this recipe and still have loads left for other uses.  You get convenience and ease in each jar of any Perfect Puree product so do check their website for the line here.  How great is that?  
*Disclaimer:  This is my own and honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  All I received was free product so that I may express an opinion.*

My Bean Sandwich Spread/Dip.jpeg
My Bean Sandwich Spread/Dip

 Yummy Bean Sandwich Spread or Dip~Nuts Style!

1-1/2 cup cooked, drained Northern beans (any size will do)
1/2 cup cream cheese (low-fat)
6 cloves of large garlic, (peeled and cleaned)
1/4 cup milk 
1 tablespoon lemon juice 
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons Perfect Puree Roasted Red Peppers
1 tablespoon salsa

Take out your food processor and mash everything until you get a spreadable paste.  If this mixture thickens up or you like it thinner, you just need to add a little extra milk to the consistency that you prefer.  Refrigerate and serve on crackers or sandwiches.