Friday, May 11, 2012

It Factor Beauty's Line of Quick Blowdry Shampoos and Conditioners Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

It Factor Beauty's Line of Quick Blowdry Shampoos and Conditioners.jpeg
It Factor Beauty's Line of Quick Blowdry Shampoos and Conditioners  


I happen to have a head of thick hair that takes forever drying even with a blow dryer.  Even though it's great to have so much hair than not enough, it can be a hassle, especially when you're in a rush.  When I was asked to review a new line of color-safe shampoos and conditioners that could reduce drying time by 50% from It Factor Beauty, I leaped at the chance to beautify my hair and save time.

It Factor Quick Blowdry Shampoo for Medium to Coarse Hair was first on my agenda.  This is slightly lower lathering without sulfates, parabens, sodium choloride or any alcohol.  I also noticed it had just a bit of a different feel when working it in.  Since I have thick hair that usually tangles like crazy until I ease some conditioner through it, this formula kept my strands tangle free.  

After I rinsed the shampoo out, I reached for the It Factor Quick Blowdry Conditioner for Medium to Coarse Hair.  The directions recommended use no more than the size of a quarter.  Therefore, I squeezed out the excess water from my hair and then applied a smaller amount, more the size a dime, and left it in.  

As I got prepared to dry my recently colored hair, I got a sick feeling when I saw lighter roots suddenly.  My heart sank because I thought maybe this partially stripped the hair color.  However, I moved closer to my vanity mirror for a better view and I was in total shock.  What I had thought was my  hair color coming out was only lighter because it was already drying!  

If I didn't witness this happening myself, I would hardly believe such a thing was possible.  However, I can tell you with all confidence that this product with its Proprietary VaporBoost System that speeds up the water evaporation process as it reduces the bond between water and the hair shaft does work remarkably fast. 

Usually, I can sit at my vanity with my blow dryer for at least twenty minutes. The company claims drying time will be cut in half--and they were on target with that one.  I was nearly dry in about ten minutes, which is a small miracle for my head.

Furthermore, I did not need to apply one styling product.  I had expected my layers would suffer without the extra styling products and my long bangs would end up in my eyes, but I was wrong.  My glossy hair looked marvelous like I used a mousse on my layers and my bangs stayed to the side where they needed to be while feeling soft.   

I was so intrigued with these products that I had to see how the It Factor Quick Blowdry Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair performed.  A volumizing shampoo is not my usual choice.  Although I love volumizing styling products to make the most of my layers and the curl in my hair, I had found this type of shampoo could make my hair tangle more than other varieties.  But I had to find out if this variety would be any better or worse on my hair.

Believe it or not, I love the It Factor Quick Blowdry Shampoo and Quick Blowdry Conditioner for Fine Hair even more.  This shampoo worked easily through my hair without any knot problem.  Afterward, I only applied about a dime amount of the conditioner and achieved the same type of gleaming fluffy curl with just as much styling control only in half the time and lot less products.   

The only criticism I have is for the confusion on the back of the conditioner tube.  It said to rinse the conditioner out.  On the other hand, this is a sticker attached that explains to be careful not to use more than a quarter size amount.  Since this direction was rather unclear, I tested the product both ways.  One time I used the same dime size amount of conditioner, left in for a minute or so and rinsed it out.  This is wrong.  My hair dried quicker than normal, but the styling aspect was comprised.  

Honestly, I really think the It Factor Quick Blowdry Shampoo and Conditioner (both varieties) are fabulous for all the time you can cut from your routine--not to mention budget from extra styling products that you can do without now.  Do check their website and pick some up because you really need to try this hair miracle for yourself!

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  All I received were free products to facilitate this review.*