Wednesday, December 5, 2012

NYC New York Color Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder Review (Coney Island Glow, Montauk Bronze & Fire Island Tan)--Photos--SWATCHES!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

NYC New York Color Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powders.jpeg
NYC New York Color Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powders

Some prefer to wear a bronzer only as the weather warms to get a head start on a tan.  In my case, I think bronzers are wonderful to use year round along with a blusher especially in the winter when your exposed summer skin is at its palest.  Luckily, NYC New York Color has the Sun 'n ' Bronze Bronzing Powders that with a few artful swipes can infuse you with just enough color to warm that sun deprived face up.

These bronzer compacts have five strips of varying shades in each choice that swirl together for a custom look, depending how you work your brush.   Overall these three choices are more matte but do have a  little shimmer to give your face nice sheen, not a trail of sparkling glitter specks.  

In the first photo above, I am holding Coney Island Glow #708  (the lightest) on the right.  Fire Island Tan #707 is in the middle and is a gorgeous medium shade.   Montauk Bronze #709 is on the left and a medium-dark shade.

swatches of the three bronzing powders.jpeg
Starting closest to my wrist is Coney Island Glow #708Montauk Bronze #709 is in the middle, and Fire Island Tan #707.

I'm not the palest shade on the color spectrum, but I am light.  I was surprised how Fire Island Tan #707  delivered the most natural look on me.  The colors in that compact looked much darker than the beautiful, sheer peach-clay shade I dusted on.  This was my favorite one of this group because it resembled a true radiance from the sun.

Coney Island Glow #708 was pretty in a different way.  This had the most glistening power of the compacts and delivered a  light gold-bronze gleam.  With my light warm skin coloring, I thought this choice also had a nice effect.  

The darkest compact was the Montauk Bronze #709.  If you have a medium to a dark complexion, this is the you probably would love the best.   These colors in this compact are slightly deeper with a bit more red.  Nonetheless, I can still wear this shade if I use a light hand as far as application goes.  

Selecting a bronzer can be difficult.  I know that I have picked up my share of mistakes from too orange or too brown or sparkly.  However, these NYC New York Color Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powders are lighter in color and go on more sheer than some other brands I have tried, which makes these ideal for looking healthy not loaded with tons of makeup.   And for $4.99 a piece, this is a great place to start!

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  Free products were provided to facilitate this review.*