Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review: Mustela Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Mineral Sunscreens and After Sun Hydrating Spray for Sensitive Baby Skin!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
Mustela sunscreen products.jpeg
Cancer such as Melanoma can target anyone so it's best to be protected.  

Though I do not have a baby at home, I do have quite sensitive skin with my allergies.    When I shop for sunscreens, I do tend to drift to the section with the sunscreens meant for babies since my skin can often react to ingredients in regular formulas. 

When I was approached by Mustela to test their new sunscreen products, I never heard of the company, but like the avoidance of chemicals and loved the fact that these sunscreens were approved by the Melanoma International Foundation. Therefore, I was glad to give their mineral-based sunscreens a try.

The lotion and stick form of their Mustela Broad Spectrum SPF50+ Mineral Sunscreens use titanium dioxide and zinc oxide to block those harmful rays.  Being formulated as a physical sunscreen, they also are free of parabens, phthalates, phenoxyethanols, fragrances, and PABA.  Besides being hypoallergenic and formulated with delicate skin in mind, they also are water and sweat-resistant for up to 40 minutes.

Their Mustela Broad Spectrum SPF50+ Mineral Sunscreen Lotion ($22) was creamy and absorbed nicely without irritating my face or the rest of me.  The product was even gentle enough around the eye area.  It does leave a slight white film, but it was hardly a problem since others have a tendency to make me look greasier.  

If you want something convenient to pack in your handbag, tote, or suitcase, I thought the Mustela Broad Spectrum SPF50+ Mineral Sunscreen Stick ($16) was wonderful.  I liked how easy it was when you needed to reapply.  

The Mustela After Sun Hydrating Spray ($15) after some time in the sun helped comfort my tight skin with welcome moisture relief from its jojoba oil and Cupuacu butter. My skin felt softer without being sticky or overly greasy.

I do recommend these Mustela sunscreen products out so do check their website and give them a try yourself.