Thursday, May 19, 2011

Need Some Simple Remedies for What Ails You?

You're sick and need something right away.  Desperate for some quick cures, you hurry to the drug store to read labels and jars for something to soothe your symptoms.  However, you may have more help than you know without leaving home just in your kitchen!

When you are feeling not yourself and think you may be getting sick, you could try eating lots of garlic if you don't have to leave your home.  Garlic is a natural antibiotic.  Raw garlic is the only antibiotic that you can't become resistant unlike manufactured antibiotic drugs. 

I do this "garlic cure" myself and honestly know it helps me when I get a  bad headache from my allergies.  I like to chop my garlic fine and take my doses on my bean spread and crackers.  Eat this a few times a day for a period of time until you feel better.  This is just something to help you feel better until you can be seen by your doctor.

A stuffy nose problem can be helped by grating a teaspoon of fresh horseradish mixed with one-fourth cup of lemon juice.  Slowly sipping that mixture can help unclog you and break the mucus.

For a sore throat, you take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.  Take a mouthful and gargle, then swallow.  Repeat the procedure until your glass is empty.  This  old time folk medicine cure is one that I always use.  You can do this every two hours.  If your throat is really burning, I also add a tablespoon of Tabasco sauce to the apple cider vinegar and water.  Do the same procedure.  This does help me.

Another sore throat remedy, which doesn't involve all the gargling, is this one with one-fourth cup of apple cider vinegar and one fourth-cup of honey mixed together.  You take one tablespoon six times a day and swallow.  The vinegar kills the bacteria while the honey relieves irritation and infection.

If you happened to get burned, you could use aloe vera or blend up a cucumber and apply the juice to some cotton balls and dab over the sore.  Both work to cool nicely.

Toothache or gum pain might be relieved with rubbing a few whole cloves on the painful area.  Cloves work on that type of surface pain like an  anesthetic.

These are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to cheap, effective home remedies.  I hope you won't need to use any of these and will always feel great.  However, the help is here if you need to use them.