Sunday, November 6, 2011

Armour's New Pepperoni With Cheese Review + My Pizza Casserole & Pepperoni Pizza Recipes!

Armour logo.jpeg

I happen to love the taste of pepperoni.  So when Armour's PR rep contacted me to review their new pepperoni with cheese, I welcomed the project.  They sent me a few bags and a wonderful cutting board with an attached blade for slicing cheese, pepperoni, or whatever for holiday gatherings or just for fixing snacks, which was nice.

Armour's cutting board and cheese.jpeg
Cutting board with attached blade

Although you can eat Armour's Pepperoni with Cheese straight out of the package, I wanted to cook with it.  I made a few delicious dinners out of those two five-ounce bags that were provided.

First, I made my homemade pizza dough that I shared with you in an earlier post here, topped it with some Dei Fratelli Pizza Sauce, and before topping it with fresh grated Mozzarella Cheese and some of their Pepperoni with Cheese.  I like to use about half a package of that pepperoni, but you can sprinkle as much on top of your pizza as you prefer.

Armour's Pepperoni with cheese.jpeg
Armour's Pepperoni with Cheese

Seriously, dear readers, making your own dough from scratch is simple and will save you lots of money compared to buying a ready-made pizza whether in the grocery store or ordering somewhere.  All you need to do is follow my easy instructions.  You just might surprise yourself at how fabulous homemade pizza can be once topped with special ingredients like Armour's Pepperoni with Cheese, great cheese, and Dei Fratelli's Pizza Sauce.


My homemade pizza.jpeg
My homemade pizza with pepperoni.

The next thing I made was my Pizza Casserole.  Any pizza lover will rejoice if they could dig into this gooey casserole swimming with pizza-spiced sauce, cheeses, noodles, and pepperoni. 

My Pizza Casserole

1/2 package (5-oz.) sliced Armour Pepperoni with Cheese
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup canola oil
4 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni or noodles
2 cups of grated Mozzarella cheese
one 28-oz. can of Dei Fratelli Italian Sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

Cook the macaroni and set aside while you brown the onion in oil.  Then combine the rest of the ingredients in a covered casserole and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until heated thorough.  

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  All I received were free products to facilitate this review.*


My Pepperoni Casserole.jpeg
My Pepperoni Casserole