Sunday, December 18, 2011

Let Me Tempt You With My Anise Fluff Cookies!

As promised, I told you yesterday that I would be sharing of few of my favorite recipes for Christmas cookies.  Here is another recipe that I adore when you're craving licorice.  My Anise Fluffs is not an overly sweet cookie either and are as light as the name implies. 

One bite and I bet it will put a big smile on your smile!

My Anise Fluffs

4 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of margarine
3 eggs
5 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 teaspoon of anise-flavored extract

Cream margarine and sugar together until well mixed.  Then add your dry ingredients (that has been sifted together) with your eggs and flavoring.  Beat with your electric mixer at low speed until well blended.

Shape one heaping teaspoon of dough into an oval about a 1-1/2 inch size.  Repeat until you get about five dozen. 

Be sure to place cookies one inch apart from each other on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.