Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Your Mother's Day Beauty Solution: Redken 5th Avenue Award-Winning Styling Products Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Redken Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion, Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam, Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray, Wax Blast 10, Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk, Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste.jpeg
Redken Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion, Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam, Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray, Wax Blast 10, Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk, Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste






Unlike some of you beauties, I need lots of work to make myself presentable when it comes to my hair.  My problem is forceful bangs that grow downward, some waves and curls, and loss of a shine from daily damage and products.  Therefore, I was very eager to work with more of Redken 5th Avenue award-winning styling products on my complicated head.

I received Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion, Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam, Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray, Wax Blast 10, Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk, and Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste.  I have used some together, others one at a time, exploring new directions with my hair.

One of my particular favorites is their award-winning Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste. When starting a new styling product,  I always use the smallest amount first to see how much works to avoid hard, sticky helmet head hair that would need to shampooed out.  Since this product is a cross between a cream and wax, I tried just a tad of this fibrous stuff on my slightly damp stubborn long bangs.  

To my complete astonishment, I had the best side swept layered bang ever without any escapees from that section for a soft, moveable hold that lasted.  This hold stayed put even without hairspray!  Better yet, I woke up the next morning and my hair stayed put throughout that day until I shampooed later that night.  

This is a miracle product that is far superior to anything that I have ever used to keep my forceful hair back. Trust me, your hair behaves the way YOU want it with Rewind 06 and I will definitely be buying this when I finish this jar.  This paste sells for $18.50 for the five-ounce jar, which is economical for how far this product goes and is worth every penny.  I had always used lots more of the pastes and the waxes, definitely needed hairspray, and never could count on such hold lasting the next day.  But with Rewind 06, I have one less thing to worry about and gain hair confidence. 

Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion is another winner to look into.  I applied some to my freshly shampooed hair while being still damp.  First, I used this without styling products to see how my hair would feel.  The result was silky soft hair again with a nice gleam to it after the heat from my blow dryer activated their exclusive bonding system to smooth and protect.  The next time I used this product I used it with some of the other styling products and was not disappointed.

Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam is a phenomenal mousse.  I sprayed some  in the spots I wanted, and  once I finished drying and curling, I had a full head of softly bouncing waves and curls that were touchable--not tacky.  

What also was a nice effect was using the Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam, then applying a little of the Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste and twisting a section of hair at a time for more of an edgier look followed with some of the Wax Blast 10.

Wax Blast 10 gives hair more shine and definition.  I sprayed this on like a finishing spray for even more texture and hold.  

Outshine 01 Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk is another fantastic performer.  It delivers a shine, provides a light styling quality, strengthens, and helps keep frizz away.  The formula has Shea butter, wheat protein, cationic polymers, and silicones to make my hair so much prettier.

The Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Spray leaves a healthy shine as well with maximum hold.  It also protects hair from the humidity.  With the Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste and the Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam, I did not have to be dependant on hairspray.  However, I used the Quick Dry 18 when the weather turned windy and those rainy days to guarantee my style stayed in place.  I must admit that I arrived without droopy hair or the need to pull out a curling iron for a quick touch up.

I have been experimenting, combining and changing the ways and places I use these new Redken products.  Each time, I am discovering some new hair trick that I now am able to create that never worked for me before--especially with my sheer love of the Rewind 06 Pliable Styling Paste and the Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam.  Nonetheless, I do think the others are also amazing but for different purposes.

If you're looking for a way to keep your hair perfectly styled this Mother's Day or any day, instead of being a slave to your style, then I highly recommend these Redken 5th Avenue award-winning styling products to keep you beautifully coiffed.

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  No money was exchanged.  All I received were free products to facilitate this review.*