Saturday, August 11, 2012

My No Work Food Processor Carrot Cake That You'll Be Nuts Over!

As you well know, I always splurge on the weekends with something sweet and delicious.  Besides being one of the best carrot cakes that I have ever experienced, this recipe is also a breeze when it comes to preparation over a typical carrot recipe since the food processor does all the hard work for you.  No more hand grating all those carrots, you normally would have to deal with or creaming with this simple but utterly moist cake.  I say the easier, the better!

Another thing about this recipe is that I have also made another version when I had extra zucchini from my garden.  Instead of the one-pound of carrots in the regular recipe, you can also use four carrots and one small zucchini and follow the recipe as described.  This also tastes just as awesome.

When I first made this cake, I used two cups of sugar as the original recipe called for.  However, this turned out an overly sweet cake in my opinion.  My guess is the sweetness of the carrots has something to do with the overall sweetness.  Therefore, if you sample a carrot and find it is less sweet than normal, you might want to increase the sugar by another one-fourth or one-half cup.  But, I just make it with one and one-half cups of sugar and always found it sweet enough. 

I hope you take the time to try this recipe when the next time the urge for carrot cake hits.  I am positive once you taste this, you will be so happy that you went ahead and took my advice.

No Work Food Processor Carrot Cake

4 eggs
1 cup of canola oil
1-1/2 cups of sugar 
1 pound of peeled carrots or 4 carrots and 1 small peeled zucchini
2 cups of sifted flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Blend in your food processor bowl  4 eggs, the oil, and the sugar until smooth. 

Now slowly add through the feed tube the peeled carrots, cut into inch-long pieces.  

When the carrots look fully grated, remove the lid and add the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.

Replace the lid and blend again until the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. 

Pour the batter into a greased 10-tube pan and bake in a  400-degree oven for about one hour or until a thin knife inserted comes out clean.