Friday, January 18, 2013

Thymes Olive Leaf Cologne Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**

Thymes Olive Leaf Cologne.jpeg
Thymes Olive Leaf Cologne


Warm and woodsy with a hint of pepper, this unisex Olive Leaf Cologne by Thymes, will stir your senses with its earthy appeal.  Classified as an aromatic fragrance, it has a lightness to its blend of herbs, woods, and floral that is pure and intriguing in its simplicity.  

Unpretentious and rooted to nature, you immediately are drawn to the fresh mix of rosemary, laurel leaf and crisp balsam hidden in this sunny blend delicately sweetened with lavender and patchouli.  There is a warmth about this fragrance  once the rosewood kicks in to fill a heart with joy.

Though some people may think this is a more manly fragrance than a feminine one, I definitely disagree because its clean, soft woodsy essence has a fabulous smell on me.   Honestly, the Olive Leaf Cologne ranks at the top of my Thymes favorite list from the ones I tried already. 

As with all fragrances, you need to remember that scents vary from one individual to another, depending on your own body chemistry.   A good example is that timeless classic of Shalimar by Guerlain. I adore that spicy fragrance, however, not on me.   When my mother wears this beautiful perfume, it smells heavenly like an angel descended to this plane.   Unfortunately, I found that same smell reeks once it heats against  my skin.

Something you may want to try is to use a small spritz in a few of your pulse spots instead of spraying more vigorously.  Applying in that fashion will give you just enough of the fragrance without settling heavily in one spot.

Another observation that I want to share is how long this particular cologne lasts once I timed it.  I tested it at 6:50 P.M. and found it lingered with soft traces against my wrist 4:53 A.M. the next morning.  Of all the Thymes colognes that I have tested, I think this has the longest lasting staying power as well.  

With all sincerity, I think if you're tired of heavy scents and want something clean, warm, and gently sweet, I hope you try this remarkable cologne or anything from the Olive Leaf collection.  A 1.8 oz. cologne sells for $33.00.  

*Disclaimer:  This is my own honest opinion.  Free product was provided to facilitate this review.*