Sunday, March 17, 2013

This Easy Corn Bread of Mine Will Win a Place In Your Recipe Box!

piece of my Easy Corn Bread.jpeg
Here's a piece of my Easy Corn Bread.

Through the years, I have made quite a lot of different corn bread recipes.  Some of those recipes were delicious, but the texture was too grainy.  Still, I have tried others that turned out to dry with crumbs that stuck in your throat.  And yet, some other corn bread recipes that I made while tasting fine had smelled like hay.  Therefore, I continued experimenting repeatedly until I was finally pleased.

This corn bread recipe that I am sharing with you today is simply the best one ever because it is easy, moist, and not at all grainy!  Furthermore, this one reheats any leftover pieces  in your microwave well on low for about one minute.

This recipe is more on the sweeter side than the bread version.  I consider the taste in between cake and bread.  

Those that prefer less sweet corn breads, I understand if you want to reduce the sugar or add your peppers or cheese to the mix to suit your taste.  Do feel free to adapt, but do make this recipe because it is awesome as far as corn breads are concerned.

Earlier I posted my recipe for My Favorite Cornmeal Muffins, which are also extremely delicious.    Do try that recipe if you are a corn bread lover.  The recipe is perfect for making into giant muffins.

My Easy Corn Bread

1-1/2 cups  yellow cornmeal
1-1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder, leveled
6 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons of canola oil
1-1/2 cups of milk

Sift the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in your mixing bowl and mix.

Beat eggs, milk, and oil with your whisk and then add to the above dry ingredients.  

Give the mixture a few brisk whips with your whisk or you can take out your electric mixer if you are running out of energy to power your whisk until the ingredients are smooth and well combined.

Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. 

Pour in your batter and bake in a 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  

(You may need to turn the oven temperature to 425 degrees, depending on how your oven bakes.  I found 400-degrees is better with how my oven is regulated).

ENJOY!