Saturday, April 12, 2014

Recipe: My Cheesy-Salmon Loaf is Simple and Tasty!

My family eats a lot of fish, especially during Lent. One of our favorite varieties of fish happens to be salmon. The recipe that I have for you today is my delicious Cheesy-Salmon Loaf that is very economical and so simple to make.

You can serve this loaf plain or top it with a white or cheese sauce. I like to alternate. But either way you do it is just as tasty.

I do hope you give my recipe a chance and try it sometime because it is yummy!


My Cheesy-Salmon Loaf

1 can of salmon
1-1/4 cups of grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 large egg, beaten
½ cup of evaporated milk
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of coarse, dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup of finely chopped onion

I always like to take out the bones and skin from the salmon before I combine all the other ingredients together in my mixing bowl. This is just my own preference.

Pack the fish mixture into a greased one-quart loaf pan.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated.

ENJOY!