Sunday, August 31, 2014

Recipe: Today's the Perfect Day to Treat Yourself to My Sinfully Delicious Pecan Pie Bars!


I was going through my recipe boxes when I remembered this recipe for my Sinfully Delicious Pecan Pie Bars that I wanted to share.  Imagine that scrumptious flavor of pecan pie only in bar form where you can better control your portion size compared to a slice of that pie.  

Trust me, but this recipe is so incredibly good that I keep it in the back on my box to resist the urge to make it too often!  

I do hope you give a try because I am confident that you will also love it.


Sinfully Delicious Pecan Pie Bars


For the base:

1-1/3 cups of flour
½ cup of firmly packaged brown sugar (light or dark)
1/3 cup of melted butter or margarine (not spread)

For the pecan filling:

1 cup of chopped pecans
3/4 cup of dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup of flour
2 large eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt


To make the base:

Mix the 1-1/3 cups of flour, ½ cup of brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl together to combine before pressing into a well greased 9 x 13-inch pan.

To make the filling:

In another mixing bowl, add the pecans, corn syrup, remaining flour and brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, molasses, and salt and beat until well combined.

Pour over your base and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or slender knife comes out clean when tested.

Let cool in the pan for about five minutes before cutting into bars.

ENJOY!