Saturday, October 4, 2014

Recipe: My Simple Rice Pilaf Mix Can Make Any Meal Special Without Much Fuss!

If you read my blog regularly, then you know that I love good food and easy recipes.  Lately, I have been experimenting with making my own homemade convenience mixes like this great Savory Rice Pilaf Mix that I want to share with you today.

What makes my version so delicious is how the herb and spice combination heighten the flavor of plain rice beyond your expectations.    

I do hope you will make up a batch because it is wonderful to have on hand. This recipe will save you time, money, and make you a star in your own kitchen.

My Savory Rice Pilaf Mix

4-1/2 tablespoons of dried oregano
3/4 cup of dried basil leaves
1 tablespoons of sugar
2-1/2 tablespoons of dried thyme leaves
3 tablespoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons of coriander
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 tablespoon of salt


Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

When you are ready to use, you need two tablespoons for each cup of rice or whatever other grain you normally use in your recipe.

ENJOY!