Saturday, January 10, 2015

Recipe: My Chocolate-Peanut Butter Oatmeal Tastes Like a Liquid Candy Bar–Only It’s a Healthy Winter Breakfast!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal.jpeg
My Chocolate-Peanut Butter Oatmeal Tastes Like Melted Candy!


Having a bowl of hot oatmeal on a cold morning is a wonderful way to fuel up in the winter. Since it has complex carbs, you digest it more slowly, which helps you stay fuller and warmer longer than a bowl of cold cereal.  

This recipe that I have for you is simply delicious.  Imagine a bar of chocolate candy mixed with creamy peanut butter like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup with some sweetened hot oatmeal stirred through is how I would describe this hot breakfast.  You do not add any milk when served.  To enjoy it properly, you just need to stir in a spoon of peanut butter and sugar that suits your taste.  Although you can use crunchy peanut butter, I think the creamy give this oatmeal that delectable smoothness of that peanut butter cup. 

Everyone that I ever shared this recipe with has become a fan.  I think that once you try it yourself, I am confident that you also will love it and become one.

This recipe makes three servings.  If you only want to make one serving, then divide by three or you can store in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.

My Hot Chocolate-Peanut Butter Oatmeal

1 cup of quick-oats
1-1/2 cups of water
2 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
creamy peanut butter   (about 1 teaspoon per bow or bit morel)
sugar (about 2 teaspoons per bowl or less)

Heat the water first before stirring in the cocoa and cooking until smooth.

Bring the mixture to a boil before adding the oatmeal.  Cook for few seconds then do turn off the heat and cover so it can thicken more.

This makes three bowls.

Add a teaspoon of peanut butter or more and about two teaspoons of sugar per bowl.  You can use less sugar, but it tastes like candy with two.

I really do wish that you try my recipe because it makes for the perfect warm start to a cold winter’s day!

ENJOY!