Sunday, May 31, 2015

Recipe: Free Up Your Day With My Cheesy-Joes Recipe for An Easy, Quick Summer Meal!


Cheesy-Joes.jpeg
Save yourself time and hassle in the kitchen but still enjoy a quick, home cooked meal with my Cheesy-Joes.

Why confine yourself inside when you can be having fun outside to enjoy this beautiful warm weather now that it finally has arrived?  I can think of a million things that I would rather do than be stuck near a hot stove.  If you also feel that way, then you are going to love my Cheesy-Joes sandwiches!

My recipe is another variation of traditional Sloppy Joe sandwiches like I shared earlier with you with my Sloppy People sandwiches.  This one has a delicious and unique taste that you also will love.  Furthermore, it is as simple as cooking a quick meal from scratch can get and hardly takes much time to prepare.

Though it is extra work, I am rather spoiled when it comes to breads and buns.  I prefer the taste of homemade every time over a package of those spongy hamburger buns.  Since I get up very early any way to do my computer work, I take advantage and mix up a batch of buns while it is cool.  This way the dough grows while I do some work and be ready to shape before the heat sets in.  My buns can be baked and ready in time for lunch.

By the way, if you do have any leftovers, then I have a tip of a great way to use them for another easy meal.  All you need to do is open a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce and add this meat mixture to throw over some pasta. 

I hope you print this wonderful recipe out because it is a time saver when it comes to minimizing time in your kitchen, next to that HOT stove.

opened Cheesy-Joes sandwich.jpeg
My Cheesy-Joe sandwich

Mary’s Yummy Cheesy-Joe Sandwiches

1 pound of ground turkey or beef
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup
1 tablespoon of prepared mustard
1-1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
½ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons of canola oil
8 hamburger buns


Brown your meat in the oil before adding the chopped onions to brown as well, then drain.

Add the rest of the ingredients and cook through.

Serve on your hamburger buns.

ENJOY!