Sunday, June 7, 2015

Recipe: My Unbelievably Easy and Delicious Mock Pecan Pie that You MUST Try!


a piece of my Mock Pecan Pie.jpeg
A scoop of vanilla ice cream makes this  pie extra delicious! 


If you love the taste of pecan pie, but can’t enjoy it because of nut allergies or the current lack of pecans in your pantry, then you are going to treasure the recipe that I have for you today with my Mock Pecan Pie

My recipe is not only completely free of nuts, but it uses oatmeal, coconut, and some Karo corn syrup among its ingredients to replicate this amazing flavor.  This pie also is so simple to make, especially if you use my oil pie crust

I promise you that if you never made a crust before, then my oil pie crust recipe will turn out and surprise you. Traditional pastry dough can take a knack and lots of shortening or lard to get a flaky, tender crust. However, this crust does too, only it will form an oily ball.  Don’t be alarmed that you must have done something wrong because this is normal.  

The next time that you're in the mood for pie, I hope that you print out this recipe because you will really love it. 

My Mock Pecan Pie

3/4 cup of sugar
1 stick of melted butter
2 large eggs
2/3 cup of light Karo corn syrup 
1/4 cup of molasses (dark or light) 
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of rolled oats, quick
½ cup of coconut flakes


Make my oil pie crust first.   For this recipe, you will need to divide that ball and press it in two (eight-inch) pie pans that are well-greased. 

To make the filling: 

Mix the sugar, melted butter, and eggs in your mixing bowl.  Beat with your electric mixer to get it creamy.

Add your Karo syrup, molasses, salt, and vanilla next and mix again.  (If you have the dark Karo, go for it and take out the molasses because this works as well.)  

Finally, add the oatmeal and coconut flakes and give it a final mixing.

Pour into two unbaked pie shells and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 45 minutes or until it becomes golden brown and doesn’t overly stick when inserting a slender knife or tooth pick in the center.

Serve it with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as I plan on indulging this way today.

ENJOY!


My Mock Pecan Pie frontview.jpeg
You will get TWO (eight-inch) pies to enjoy.