Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Review + Swatches: Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Blush Tint and Brush Duo Stains (Rose, Peach Bellini)

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stain (rose).jpeg
Here is how Rose appears in Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stains.


I have become quite fond of blush sticks lately. They are wonderful for creating an instant healthy, but more suitably moist glow for dry skin like mine. Since I also had fallen in love with Pur Minerals Chateau Lip Gloss, I was eager to try their new Chateau Cheek Blush Tints and Brush Duo Stains that came out earlier this Summer 2015 because mineral cosmetics also happen to be a great choice for healthier ingredients that can be absorbed into the skin. PR was kind enough to send along the Rose and Peach Bellini of the four shades in the line for this review.

Besides enriching the skin with antioxidant-rich wine extracts that can help with anti-aging, this gel-like formula stick is unique in another way.  It sports a brush at one end of its blush stick!  

When I first swatched the two shades on my arm, I could see the appealing pink beauty of the Rose shade, gleaming in the light.  However, the Peach Bellini went on so sheer next to it that I could hardly detect that pale orange color.  The photograph looked worse.

Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stain (peach bellini).jpeg
Look at Peach Bellini in Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stains.

I didn’t know how I would get photographs of such transparent color, if this was the best I could get out of these sticks.  Then, I decided to try them directly on my face to see if that would make any difference.

Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stains showing the brush.jpeg
Here is the Peach Bellini stick with the brush.
Lo and behold, the rose color appeared even more a cool pink that gave my cheeks such dewy freshness, blooming with a natural gleaming pink softness.  The Peach Bellini did not disappoint in delivering an infusion of a lively orange color that when blended transformed into a softer natural peach.  

The easiest way to deepen the color is layering more on.  I tried using the brush for blending and it works well for this purpose.  Nonetheless, there is a kink though to this design when it comes to the cap, which makes it a small feat recapping it without harming the bristles in the process.  I wouldn’t be all that concerned about this cap problem because you will probably use this blush stick before the brush will be too hard to work with anyway.


Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stain swatches.jpeg
The Rose is swatched under my thumb and the Peach Bellini is closest to my little finger.

My favorite shade was the Rose with my fair complexion.  The Peach Bellini was beautiful, but had bit more yellow to the peach that for someone with a warm pale skin tone would find brought out more sallowness.


Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Stain swatches in the light.jpeg
Here's another photo of the two shades in the light.  See how both the Rose and Peach Bellini gleam.

Have you tried any of these new Pur Minerals Chateau Cheek Blush Tint and Brush Duo Stains yet yourself?  They retail for $26.  Check them out the company’s website or Kohls because they are wonderful additions to your makeup bag!