Sunday, September 20, 2015

Recipe: When You Want to Bring Out Smiles, Then Bake Up My Delectable Coconut-Orange Drop Cookies!



Coconut Orange Drop Cookies.jpeg
Instant smiles appear when these cookies are baking.

As I mentioned, I hate involved, complicated recipes when you can have the same delicious results for whatever you cook or bake.  Today’s recipe for my Delectable Coconut-Orange Drop Cookies fits that bill because they are easy to put together and taste sensational from all the requests that I had from my friends after tasting these cookies.

My Delectable Coconut-Orange Drop Cookies is a fairly soft cookie that is abundant with plenty of grated coconut mingling with some chocolate chips in the batter.  What is different about these is that I use almond extract and some grated orange peel to coax more of the chocolate flavor as it marries with that almond extract.  The result is scrumptious once you get a taste.

If you don’t have any fresh oranges on hand, you could substitute a teaspoon of orange extract in a pinch. Instead what I like to do is to grate some orange rind when I have the ones with thick skins, wrap in some plastic wrap to store in the freezer for later use.  This is handy for whenever I need the rind for other recipes because it is already prepared.



My Delectable Coconut-Orange Drop Cookies


½ cup of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 cup of shredded coconut flakes
½ teaspoon of almond extract
1 tablespoon of freshly grated orange rind
1 cup of sifted flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder, leveled
½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips


Cream your softened butter with the sugar thoroughly with your electric mixer in your mixing bowl.

Beat in your egg, almond extract,  and the grated rind next.

Use a wooden spoon to stir in the coconut flakes and mix in with the above ingredients.

Sift your flour with the baking powder, gradually as you continue to beat through your mixer until all the ingredients are incorporated and combined.

Grease at least two cookie sheets and drop by rounded teaspoons with some space between them, leaving room for them to grow on those sheets.

Bake in a 375-degree oven for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated or until the edges start getting a light golden brown.  

ENJOY!