Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Review: Garnier Fructis *NEW* Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Collection!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
 Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Collection in box.jpeg
Garnier Fructis *NEW* Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Collection


Recently, I was gifted with a big box of the latest hair products from Garnier.  To my pleasant surprise, I found their new Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Collection inside that just hit store shelves earlier this month. Since I have some natural curl to my hair, I was eager to see how these five products would work.

I started off with the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Shampoo ($3.99).  If you want to linger with fragrant suds on your head, then this is what you might do once you start lathering with this gentle, delicious coconut smelling, sulfate-free and moisture-rich formula due to its coconut oil.  

The Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Conditioner ($3.99) that I followed with was just as enticing with all that coconut coming out of that bottle.  This daily conditioner helped start smoothing out some tangles my hair always has after shampooing.

The next step after I rinsed was applying the Garnier Fructis Nutrition Curl Nourish Butter Cream ($5.99).  I squeezed about a quarter size amount of this deep leave-in conditioner.  This stuff quickly got rid any last remaining knots before I sampled the Garnier Fructis Nutrition Curl Nourish Loosening Pudding ($4.29).



Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Collection out of box.jpeg
You'll love the yummy coconut scent of these products not to mention frizz control.


To keep the frizz down, I always avoid towel-drying my hair.  Usually, I don’t rub my wet head.  Instead, I just make a turban out a towel so not to drip.  Garnier sent along a cotton T-shirt to try “plopping” for curl management.

I don’t have small, tight curls, but looser ones that come out the more my hair is layered.  What I did was to gather the wet hair and twist into a long piece before securing the shirt around my head.  I kept this new fashioned turban on for as long as I could, about a half hour or so, while my hair could dry somewhat, but I had to stop because my head was getting too cold.  When I did release that T-shirt, my curls were more wavy in nature than curly and without any sticky feel to them.

I did finish drying with my hair dryer.  What I noticed was my hair softer with soft waves that didn’t require hair spray from how well stayed in place.  My hair stayed that way without frizzing up through the day, which was great news.
Garnier Fructis Plopping T-Shirt.jpeg
This is the T-shirt Garnier sent for "plopping."

The next time I shampooed, conditioned and had still damp hair,  I tried their Garnier Fructis Curl Renew Reactive Milk Spray ($4.29) for a different approach. You can also use this on dry hair, but I like to start fresh before piling on products.  This spray is for maximizing the curl, which it did very nicely in my case.  How I used it was by spraying some of this coconut oil spray on my hair, then scrunching. What I got was a head of touchable curls through my layers. Surprisingly, this product provides a wonderful hold as well that you will skip the need for hair spray.

Anyone with curly hair knows it can be a daily battle to fight that frizz, but the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Collection did help make that problem one less thing to worry about for me.  Do check these products out your drugstore or wherever you shop for Garnier products.