Friday, March 4, 2016

Review: Fuego Subscription Box for February 2016 and Intro Box

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**
Fuego Box February 2016.jpeg
This is the Fuego Box for February 2016.


Ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you that I like things hot.  I am not shy in the least when it comes to admitting that.  The hotter the better is my motto.   After all, what is life without something to kick it up a notch like the intense pleasure rush that a Fuego Box can bring those of us that can’t have enough hot, spicy flavor in our foods.

The thought of all that heat that I was about to unbox with a hot sauce subscription box of three small batch, artisan-made sauces gave me that warm, tingling feeling as I anticipate what degrees of sizzling heat I would soon experience.  

I didn’t get one Fuego Box, but two. This confused me until I discovered that everyone gets an intro box with two initial hot sauces for their first box along with a small 33 Drops of Hot Sauce booklet to record the tastes of what was to come. I, however, lucked out and got one extra bottle of these best-selling sauces and two sample packets of Palo Alto Fire Fighters Pepper Sauce! The cost is $29.95 per quarter with free shipping or $12.95 for one month with a $5.00 shipping charge if you want to try it out without any commitment. You also get a card with a description of each product and suggestions on the best ways to enjoy that particular hot sauce.


Fuego Box Intro Box.jpeg
Check out my introductory Fuego Box .
In the intro box, I got Frankie V’s Spooky White, which got its moderate spicy fire  from white and orange habanero peppers along with garlic, onions, mustard, ginger and just a little sweetness.  I did try some on scrambled eggs and it was sensational.  Make sure that you shake the bottle to blend those amazing spices.  

The second artisan hot sauce was Born to Hula’s Ghost of Ancho.  This one had a different twist of smokiness and also had a hint of sweetness, but definitely not for the less adventurous palates among us with its wicked heat.  If you pour too much, a glass of milk comes in handy to cool your throat down.  Milk does help cool that fire.  It uses habanero ancho and Bhut jolokia pepper.  I liked this sauce on my hard-boiled eggs and fish sandwich.

My third bottle was Sweet Heat by Crazy Good.  This one has mild sweet heat in a three pepper smoked pineapple sauce that you’ll want to pour on practically every dish. Even those that don’t care for nippy foods will adore this one for its delightful flavor twist.

The Palmo Alto Fire Fighters Pepper Sauce is mild hot with red jalapeno and habanero peppers.  I mixed this packet in my tuna salad spread and it was good.

The February 2016 Fuego Box had Sweet Savina Sunrise (S3) by C & C Foods.  I thought that I knew the degrees of hot until tasting this one, which broke the record in my hot sauce experience.  Prepare to eat some tangy, liquid fire with this one!  It has ghost chili peppers, mangos, onions and garlic in the flaming blend.

The Marshall Serrano Ginger Lemongrass was a different green sauce using citrus to keep the Serrano peppers in line along with fragrant spices.  I considered it fairly mild heat with distinct, interesting flavor.  

Last in the box, I discovered Ghost Scream Hot Sauce that had a vigorous kick of heat to it thanks to the ghost pepper and artful spicing.  I really enjoy hot sauce topped hard-boiled eggs and this one passed the Mary test with flying colors!

Seriously, Fuego Box has won my heart.  For one, you can experience tastes from those artisan-made sauces that can’t compare to typical grocery store brands.  Furthermore, it is a value with what you pay for a subscription.  To prove my point, check out the prices of all the hot sauces.  Therefore, take Mary’s word for it.  Fuego Box is an A+ delicious way to spice up your life or to give as a gift.  Do check this subscription out and fire things up!