Saturday, April 9, 2016

NEW Purex plus Clorox 2 Detergent Review

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**


Stained sweatshirt after washing it Purex plus Clorox 2 Detergent.jpeg
Here is  a cozy sweatshirt  that I hate to part with that had some old stains AFTER washing it with Purex plus Clorox 2.



Purex challenged the Insider community to put hard to tackle stains to the test using their newest detergent, Purex plus Clorox 2.  According to the company, this stain fighter is equipped to solve 100 of the toughest stains you might think of.  Naturally, I didn’t hesitate and wanted to get involved to test it out on a few of my own stains.

The great thing about this particular Purex detergent is that it is also safe for colors and is bleach-free yet has powerful Clorox 2 stain fighters.  It is available in two scents, the Sunny Linen that I received and Original Fresh.

I had some old stains of unknown origin on a sweatshirt, which probably was grease and a chocolate spot because I can also be a messy cook.  I also had a few other pieces that had some problems so I thought this was the ideal time to pre-treat these stains and poured some on the affected areas before starting my load.

stained sweatshirt before washing with Purex plus Clorox 2 Detergent.jpeg
This is a photo of that same sweatshirt BEFORE treating it with Purex plus Clorox 2 Detergent.  

The directions state give this detergent at least five minutes first if applying directly to the item.  Instead, I gave some extra time, more like 10-15 minutes while I had my morning coffee.

Once I took that load out of my dryer, I was impressed.  That old sweatshirt brightened and mostly all the spots except for one small spot, which I accidentally missed when pre-treating were gone.

I definitely will be buying Purex plus Clorox 2 Detergent because if it worked this well on an old, set in spots, it will probably do even better on fresh stains.  Do check this product out because it really does do what it claims.