Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My DIY Cleansing Scrub Recipe Wonderfully Exfoliates!


Exfoliation is very important if you want to get fresh skin cells to surface whether to your face or body.  The recipe that I’m about to share with you can be used on your face, provided you don’t use too much pressure in scrubbing. Remember, you want to be gentle with rubbing because cornmeal does have irregular edges that can slough off skin, but also cut it if you work it too hard or often.  However, your skin can benefit from these kitchen cleansing grains if you use a light hand.

Though you can use old-fashioned or quick oats straight from the container, I prefer to take out the food processor or blender and give the oats a whirl.  This makes a finer powder than the chunkier oats for this recipe.

I hope you give this scrub recipe of mine your own home test and see how nicely it works to improve your skin as it has helped mine.  

My DIY Cleansing Scrub

2 tablespoons of cornmeal 
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil

All I do is mix some together and it’s ready to use.  

Don’t try storing it because it won’t keep.