Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Burt’s Bees Goodness Glows Full Coverage Liquid Makeup–Buff (1015) and Linen Beige (1030) Review + Swatches!

**Disclaimer:  This post has been compensated through a free product (s) or monetary payment.  Opinions are solely mine. All links are "no-follow" links.**


Goodeness-Glows-Liquid-Makeups.jpeg
This mineral foundation treats skin with healthy ingredients and excellent coverage.



Natural beauty lovers have reason to rejoice.  After 33 years of helping us steer clear of synthetic and less than safe ingredients in mainly skin and lip care products, Burt’s Bees has expanded into makeup.  Today, I want to fill you in on their Goodness Glows Full Coverage Liquid Makeup that I had a chance to test recently.

foundation-caps.jpeg
These are the two of the lightest of the warm-toned shades.


The line has 12 shades and retails for $17.  The formula is 98.9% natural without parabens, phthalates, SLS, petrolatum or synthetic fragrances that could jeopardize health.  This liquid mineral foundation has wonderful moisturizing ingredients to aid the complexion and help promote luminosity from meadowfoam seed oil, sunflower oil and just to name a few humectants such as  honey, glycerin and squalane.  The product also has a sanitary pump for dispensing the foundation, which cuts down on bacteria and keeps it fresher longer.  

foundation-swatches.jpeg
On the left is Linen Beige with Buff closest to my wrist.  Linen Beige is lighter upon blending it out.


The colors I tried were the fairest of the warm shades Buff 1015 and one shade deeper with Linen Beige 1030.  Depending on the brand, I usually range from Fair to Light with warm undertones.  On ULTA’s website, the color descriptions go from fair and jump straight to medium, skipping light, which is not accurate.  Linen Beige is light with warm undertones, (not a medium) as they labeled it.  This color was a close match for me.  Next time, I would like to try the Natural Beige with a tad more pink to it.  On the other hand, the Buff was a bit pale for me.  The only way that I could wear it would be by adding some extra color to my face with a blush.  The shades do run a bit lighter so keep that in mind.   

This is full-coverage foundation that blended and smoothed over my dry complexion beautifully.  At the same time, my skin felt soft and pampered and had a radiance that came through to the surface.  In the hours that I wore it, this foundation never caked up in spots or migrated to settle in my laugh lines or produce an excessive shine.  I really thought it was a great foundation for performance, health, and price.

I don’t know how this foundation would be for anyone with an oily complexion.  All I can say is if your skin is normal to dry skin like mine and you are looking for a wonderful new and healthier foundation without overspending, you can’t beat Burt’s Bees Goodness Glows Full Coverage Liquid Makeup.  Look for it at your local drugstore or wherever you buy Burt’s Bees products because you’ll love it!