Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Burt’s Bees Skin Nourishment Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Day Lotion, Hydrating Gel Cream, and Night Cream Review

skin-nourishment-products.jpeg
If you hate heavy feeling skin care products, then the Burt Bee's Skin Nourishment line is one that you would love.


Royal jelly is the milky substance that worker bees feed their queen.  This rich secretion also happens to be very nourishing for the skin due to all its macronutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids.  Being the case, I was curious how Burt’s Bees Skin Nourishment natural skin care line featuring royal jelly would treat my complexion.

The first product I sampled was the Skin Nourishment Gentle Foaming Cleanser that later rinses makeup and grime off with water.  This product has a pump dispenser and retails for $10.00.  


This cleanser produces more of a thinner foam than you may be used to.  Regardless, it took my makeup off easily once massaging it in, including eyeliner without all that much. I don’t know how it would work on waterproof formulas, but it dissolved what I had on and rinsed off leaving my skin clean and supple.

For daytime, I tried the Skin Nourishment Day Lotion SPF 15 broad spectrum protection ($18.00).  This is another product that has a pump dispenser, which I love to find when hunting for a moisturizing lotion for ease of use and keeping it more sanitary.

I liked the rich consistency and it spread well to make my skin feel like satin.  It reminded me of L’Occitane’s Angelica UV Shield SPF 40, if you ever tried that one.  This lotion wasn’t too oily, but I did have a slight glow. It also wasn’t too heavy and made my dry skin comfortable.   

The Skin Nourishment Hydrating Gel Cream ($18.00) is not quite a cream or a gel, but pleasingly in between with a distinct texture. Though it is intended for normal to combination skin, this lighter than a traditional cream formula wonderfully hydrated my skin and left a smoother complexion. 

Finally, I experimented with the Skin Nourishment Night Cream ($18.00).  This royal jelly formulated product has a luxurious, creamy texture that absorbed quickly once applied.   A little of this gentle cream does go a long way to satisfy even my dry skin with ample moisture.  What I noticed in the morning was a smoother texture and a gradual bit of added luminosity as well.

I was happy with how these products worked for my dry skin and will no doubt buy them in the future.  Judging by the textures and how they worked on my skin, I believe normal and combination complexions will benefit even more so do check Burt’s Bees Skin Nourishment products online and your local drugstores.