Thursday, November 2, 2017

Rimmel #Insta Conceal & Contour (Light and Medium) Review + Swatches

#Insta Conceal & Contour palettes.jpeg
These palettes run around $6.99 each.


The other day I shared my review of Rimmel #Instant Conceal & Correct that does a  fantastic job for hiding under eye darkness.  Today, I want to give you my thoughts on their #Insta Conceal & Contour Palette. This palette comes in three shades and is meant to conceal, highlight and contour in one product.  

I found the formula creamy and easy to blend.  The colors appear darker in the pans, but lighten up when used.  Overall though, I found some problems with this palette.


swatches of #insta contour palette.jpeg
On the left are the three shades of the Medium followed by the three Light shades.


The conceal shade  I tried in the Light palette is the right color for my fair to light complexion. However, it does not provide the depth of heavy duty coverage for disguising under eye darkness like the #Insta Conceal & Contour Palette.   The contour shade is deep enough to contour, but has some orange color to it.  This makes it look more like a bronzer than a natural contour.  The highlight shade is light with a soft gleam to it that worked nicely.


Light #Insta contour palette.jpeg
Here is the Light palette.

The conceal in the Medium palette is too dark.  The contour shade is more brown, which is a good thing for light complexions like mine for tackling this.  The highlight is only a tad darker than the Light palette, but provides a believable glow to the skin.



#Insta contour medium palette.jpeg
These are the shades of the Medium palette.

This formula really adheres to the skin in how deeply these colors stain.  I used two different makeup removers before I could dislodge it.  

While I loved the #Insta Conceal & Correct Palette, I cannot say that I feel the same degree of adoration for this product.  Of course, you may feel differently.  Have you tried Rimmel London #Insta Conceal & Contour Palettes yet? 

Visit Rimmel London to learn more or find the #Insta Conceal & Contour Palettes at your local drugstore.