Friday, December 15, 2017

DIY Bath Salts Make Thoughtful Small Gifts for Co-Workers or When Visiting Friends Over the Holidays


rose-bath-salts.jpeg
You can add a drop of food coloring to dress your homemade gift up.


What I enjoy doing is baking a variety of different cookies to take with me when visiting friends or giving co-workers.  I still like to do that but I also like to bring another tiny gift with me to share with this homemade bath salts recipe that I love for what it does to relieve tired muscles. 

Though you can buy similar bath salts, I like that I can whip this homemade soak up in small batches to keep the essential oil as potent as possible.  It also is very cost effective compared to some commercial products of the same quality.  Another plus of making DIY bath salts is that you can vary the essential oils that you use to suit your needs.  

What I like to do is collect glass candy jars or a more ornate jar that locks for this purpose to present the salts in.  You buy them easily enough at local stores or find beautiful and unique ones at your local flea market for pennies.  

ornate-glass-jars.jpeg
Fill your bath salts in whatever pretty jar that catches your eye.

I have spent a lot of time soaking in my tub benefitting from this recipe and the magic of what its simple ingredients can do when your body feels tense or sore.  Of course, I don’t hope that you need to use this recipe for any ailment, but it is my favorite winter soak.  My family and friends that have tried it agree, if that means anything.

DIY Versatile Bath Salts 


3/4 cup of Epsom salt
1 cup of coarse sea salt
3 tablespoons of baking soda
3 drops of lavender essential oil or rose 


Mix the Epsom salt, coarse sea salt, baking soda and either the lavender essential oil or the rose essential oil. If you desire to make them look more commercial, add a drop of appropriate food coloring. 

Pour the salt mix into a clean jar.

Secure the locked jar in a gift box or just with a ribbon and bow.

Happy Holidays!